Materials Processing & Microfabrication Facility (NUFAB-Cook Hall)
The Materials Research Center (MRC) cleanroom facility is devoted to materials processing, growth, device fabrication, characterization and electronic & photonic materials. The MRC cleanroom complex in Cook Hall provides microfabrication and thin film processing capabilities. Facility includes class 100 and 1000 cleanrooms. The facility provides microfabrication tools for general use by the Northwestern community, government and industrial researchers. Various techniques are available for the growth, preparation and processing of a wide range of thin film materials including characterization. Training of equipment and assisted use within the facility is available to provide the necessary expertise. This provides a centralized resource for the deposition of metal, semiconductor & dielectric thin films, photolithography, etching, bonding, dicing, characterization and materials processing.
Training Request: Anil Dhote
Instrument Reservation and log-in here .
1. SUSS MicroTek MABA6 Mask Aligner
2. Quintel Q-4000 Mask Aligner
3. Quintel Q-2000 Mask Aligner
4. Headway PWM32 Spinners Programmable
5. Digital Baking Plates
6. Convection Ovens
8. Photolithography Develop Hood
9. Edwards Auto 500 FL400 e-beam Evaporator
10. Edwards Auto 306 e-beam Evaporator (upgraded)….cryo pump, PLC, programmable multi-layer deposition sequence
11. Nanomaster NPE4000 Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD)
12. Oxford Instruments µP80 Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD)
13. Cambridge NanoTech Savannah S100 Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
14. Samco RIE-10NR Reactive Ion Etcher (RIE) … InP, GaAs, Si, SiO2, SiN, p-Si, Polymide etching
15. Oxford Instruments µP80 Reactive Ion Etcher (RIE)
16. Filmetrics F-20 Thin Film Analyzer
17. Tencore P-10 Surface Profiler
18. Metricon 2010 Prism Coupler
19. LakeShore HMS8404 Hall Effect Measurement System
20. Omano Microscope
21. Chemical Hoods
22. Annealing Tube Furnace
23. Annealsys AS-Micro Rapid Thermal Processor (RTP)
24. Ultrasonic Cleaner
25. West Bond 7374E Wedge-Wedge Wire Bonder
22. Kulicke & Soffa 4524D Ball-Ball Wire Bonder
27. Advance Dicing ADT 7122 Wafer Dicing System
28. Advance Dicing WM 966 Wafer Mounting Station
REGISTER TO USE FACILITY:
1. To set up NUCORE account and get access to this facility, please send e-mail requesting instrument training to Anil Dhote
NU users: Provide NU chart string and name of PI on that chart string.
External users: Provide Purchase order and address for invoicing. Other means of payment should be worked out with MRC office before using the facility.
2. Attend the scheduled Instrument Training and General Cleanroom Safety & Orientation Instructions
Also complete Laboratory Safety and PPE Training & Hazardous Waste management Training through Office of Research Safety if you have not done so already (http://www.research.northwestern.edu/ors/training/)
Wild card access to the facility will be provided (please make sure to have Indala Wildcard or obtain it from NU Wild card office)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for Publications:
For any of your publications that made use of this Micro fabrication Facility, please add the following acknowledgment. Please e-mail the PDF copy of the paper to facility manager as well.
“This work made use of the Materials Processing and Microfabrication Facility supported by the MRSEC program of the National Science Foundation (DMR-1720139) at the Materials Research Center of Northwestern University.”